This recipe makes enough paste for about four batches of peanut curry. Use it immediately, or make it ahead of time and freeze it for later.
Inspired by Allrecipes.
Thai Peanut Curry Paste
Ingredients by volume:
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- .5 cup red curry paste (eg. one 4 oz jar of Thai Kitchen)
- 1.5 cup peanut butter (preferably creamy)
- 5 2g packets stevia
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
Ingredients by weight:
- 150 g garlic (full heads)
- 13 g olive oil
- 115 g red curry paste
- 385 g peanut butter (preferably creamy)
- 10 g stevia
- 2.3 g chili powder
- 2.5 g ground cayenne pepper
- 9 g sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 350º F (175º C)
- Pull off the outer layers of garlic skin and cut the pointy tops off the heads so the cloves are partially exposed. Put the garlic in a large aluminum foil packet, drizzle liberally with approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil, then close the aluminum foil packet.
- Roast the garlic for 45 minutes.
- While the garlic is roasting, put the red curry paste, peanut butter, stevia, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and sesame oil in a food processor.
- When the roasting is done and the garlic is cool enough to touch, add the garlic cloves to the food processor by squeezing them individually at the bottom to push them out of the skin. Process until well combined.